How to prepare for your photoshoot
Your photoshoot is coming up!! In order to feel completely ready to rock your spotlight moment here are some tips for you, as you prepare for photo day:
HAIR & MAKEUP
If you’re having your hair and makeup done by one of my glam squad pros, here’s how to arrive and what to expect:
- Arrive to the studio in comfortable clothes that will not leave marks on your body from waistbands, socks, etc. Wear a button down or top with a loose neckline so you can take it off without messing up your hair and makeup
- Come with a moisturized face
- Come with clean, dry hair
- If you’re hair is curly and you would like it straight, please blow it dry yourself, or get a blow-out the day before your photoshoot
- When doing your manicure/pedicure – natural (nudes) or classic colors are best. Skip the trendy colors or designs
- The makeup artist will use her own makeup, but you’re welcome to bring your favorite products for her to use as well
- Bring your own hair and makeup products for touchups later in the day (the makeup artist doesn’t stay for the photoshoot)
- Want to keep the hair and makeup artist around for the entire photoshoot, to ensure you look your best at the end of the day? Let me know and I can arrange this for an additional fee.
- All of your clothes should be steamed/ironed and free of lint/pet hair
- Bring your clothes on hangers (you can fold/pack durable items like jeans)
- Do not bring all the same color of clothes (a common problem is when someone only brings black clothes to choose from).
- Choose clothing with quality fabric that’s in like-new condition (no pills, stains or snags)
- Bring undergarments that will not show through your clothes.
- If you’re not sure about an item of clothing, bring it anyway. We can decide together what works best for your photoshoot.
- Shoes are not a huge priority, you don’t need different shoes for every outfit.
- Still not sure what to wear? Book a consultation with my preferred wardrobe stylist. Contact Marcy to schedule this.
WHAT TO BRING
- Snacks (avoid food that gets stuck in your teeth)
- Hair and makeup touch-ups
- Any props or decor pieces you want in your photos
WHAT TO EXPECT / HOW TO PREPARE:
- Eat a nourishing meal before you arrive for photos
- Put your “out of office” email responder on, so you can stay focused
- Get lots of rest the night before. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water, this is a great way to keep your skin in really good shape
- If you’re starting at Marcy Browe’s photo studio, text 760-385-3493 when you arrive. We’ll help you carry all of your stuff into the 2nd floor studio
Leave a Comment