Your photoshoot is coming up!! In order to feel completely ready to rock your spotlight moment here are some tips for you, as you prepare for photo day:
HAIR & MAKEUP
If you’re having your hair and makeup done by one of my glam squad pros, here’s how to arrive and what to expect:
- Arrive to the studio in comfortable clothes that will not leave marks on your body from waistbands, socks, etc. Wear a button down or top with a loose neckline so you can take it off without messing up your hair and makeup
- Come with a moisturized face
- Come with clean, dry hair
- If you’re hair is curly and you would like it straight, please blow it dry yourself, or get a blow-out the day before your photoshoot
- When doing your manicure/pedicure – natural (nudes) or classic colors are best. Skip the trendy colors or designs
- The makeup artist will use her own makeup, but you’re welcome to bring your favorite products for her to use as well
- Bring your own hair and makeup products for touchups later in the day (the makeup artist doesn’t stay for the photoshoot)
- Want to keep the hair and makeup artist around for the entire photoshoot, to ensure you look your best at the end of the day? Let me know and I can arrange this for an additional fee.
- All of your clothes should be steamed/ironed and free of lint/pet hair
- Bring your clothes on hangers (you can fold/pack durable items like jeans)
- Do not bring all the same color of clothes (a common problem is when someone only brings black clothes to choose from).
- Choose clothing with quality fabric that’s in like-new condition (no pills, stains or snags)
- Bring undergarments that will not show through your clothes.
- If you’re not sure about an item of clothing, bring it anyway. We can decide together what works best for your photoshoot.
- Shoes are not a huge priority, you don’t need different shoes for every outfit.
- Still not sure what to wear? Book a consultation with my preferred wardrobe stylist. Contact Marcy to schedule this.
WHAT TO BRING
- Snacks (avoid food that gets stuck in your teeth)
- Hair and makeup touch-ups
- Any props or decor pieces you want in your photos
WHAT TO EXPECT / HOW TO PREPARE:
- Eat a nourishing meal before you arrive for photos
- Put your “out of office” email responder on, so you can stay focused
- Get lots of rest the night before. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water, this is a great way to keep your skin in really good shape
- If you’re starting at Marcy Browe’s photo studio, text 760-385-3493 when you arrive. We’ll help you carry all of your stuff into the 2nd floor studio